Alternative Medicine and ADHD- In Search of New Ways
In such situations, experts try to search alternative ways and means to cure such diseases.
Need for Alternative cures for ADHD:
ADHD is a neurological disease. It mainly affects children and can be traced from the fact that it makes the child extremely impulsive, hyperactive and restless. As a cure for this disease, the normal prescribed medicines were Ritalin, Novartis etc. However it has been observed that these medicines started having adverse effects on the child suffering from ADHD. Thus medical practitioners started avoiding these drugs. This is where the need for alternative means for treating ADHD became necessary which do not have any side-effects on the victim.
Different Alternatives for treating ADHD:
Researchers, medical experts neurologists have tried to devise different means for treating ADHD. Though ADHD cannot be cured completely, some of the alternative means definitely show some positive results. Some of the alternatives suggested are as follows:
1) Drugs like AMORYN contain hyperforin which helps to improve concentration and can be a basic treatment for anxiety and depression. It also helps in calming the mind and the body. But AMORYN must be given to children under 12 years of age only under the guidance of the physician.
2) There are other natural ways of treatment like ATTEND which is a very good homeopathic or herbal way of treating ADHD. ATTEND involves amino acid combinations, essential fatty acids, lipid complexes, homeopathic medicines, hormone precursors, and the precursors to specific neurotransmitters.
3) ADHD is now trying to be treated with new drugs called Fluoxetine and Tomoxetine Children have shown some improvement with the intake of this drug.
4) More and more anti-stimulant treatments too are being prescribed for children suffering from ADHD.
5) New drugs like Atomoxetine seem to be a good alternative for treating ADHD.
6) Experts also believe that a balanced diet and good nutritional diet can be an effective way in treating ADHD.
Thus this proves that ADHD now has several answers. Though ADHD cannot be eradicated completely, it would definitely lessened through the above given methods. The best way of curing ADHD is the natural way with no side-effects.
ADHD Checklist- Checking Out!!
Add adhd - "adding" to the Problems
Today, one of the major diseases that children and youth suffer from is the disease called Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD. Though even adults can suffer from this disease, it mainly affects children and the youth. Though ADD has received a great...
ADHD Children- ADHD Children- They are Special!
It is said that children are closest to God. Thus children suffering from diseases like Attention Deficit Disorders ( ADD) are all the more special. They are God's special children and have a different destiny carved for them. They are different...
What is ADHD? The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a legitimate psychological state of mind. Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a psychological disorder that starts right...
The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is indeed a psychological disorder. It is psychological disease which generally changes how a child behaves, think, and feel. Nearly all children suffering from this disease are overactive and...
The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is disease which is a psychological disorder. Abnormal symptoms of hyperactivity and consideration deficits may be diagnosed as the Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Nearly all...
ADHD Support Groups - Supporting a Cause.
The most important part in the process of treatment of any disease is the support that a patient or the victim gets from the people around him. Thus a person suffering from ADHD especially children require huge support from his parents, teachers,...
What is ADHD and what are the common symptoms of ADHD: The ADHD or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is not fully defined anywhere but it is indeed a legitimate psychological state of mind. Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a...
It is estimated that from 3 to 10 percent of the population suffers from what is known as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). This disorder is found more often in boys than girls. This disorder is...
Causes of ADHD- Why is ADHD caused?
Neurological diseases and diseases related to the brain are difficult to treat and comprehend. Neurologists, psychologists, psychiatrists and medical researchers, despite great studies, know very little about the human brain. Thus a great deal of...
Famous People with ADHD:
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) daydream frequently is characterized by leading to inattention in classrooms or in any activity. Inattention is the decisive diagnostic criteria for ADD. The general...
|© ADHD.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|